We specialize in business owner and executive benefits solutions; life insurance for family, business, and wealth transfer; and retirement income planning.
We work to effectively integrate corporate-sponsored incentive programs with executives’ personal financial and estate planning objectives. And, we implement a broad range of insurance and financial strategies to help high-wealth individuals meet their wealth accumulation, wealth and income preservation, retirement, estate and business planning objectives, and charitable giving goals. We help guide our clients through the maze of generational wealth transfer and business succession planning.
Through a disciplined focus on results and integrity, we have earned a solid base of more than 1,000 individuals, trustees, and businesses. We are insurance licensed in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas.
Business Owner and Executive Benefits Solutions
Your company’s most important asset is often your employees. Finding ways to reward, retain, and recruit key executives is an ongoing challenge. Bening Financial Organization can provide you with a number of executive solutions. We offer business owners and their executives a variety of solutions to address your business and personal needs. These solutions can be categorized into six primary need areas:
Retirement Income such as:
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation
- Executive Bonus
- Split Dollar Supplemental Executive Retirement plans (SERP)
- Group Term Carve-out programs
- 401(k) or SIMPLE plans
Exit Planning such as:
- Buy Sell or Cross purchase
Survivor Income such as:
- Executive Bonus
- Endorsement Split Dollar
Business Protection such as:
- Key Person
- Overhead Expense
Wealth Transfer such as:
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
Income Protection such as:
- Disability Income
- Long-Term Care Insurance
Life Insurance for Family, Business, & Wealth Transfer Planning
Have you planned for the transfer of your assets once you are gone? It’s important to have a plan in place to help ensure your wishes are carried out and in the most tax efficient manner possible. We can help guide you through each step of the planning process to help ensure your estate is transferred the way you want it.
We have assembled a group of life insurance companies with diverse products and underwriting strengths to provide you with excellent products and services.
The insurance companies’ tax, legal and plan design specialists have developed strategies to help make informed decisions about what product to purchase. We have access to specialists in estate and charitable tax planning, as well as product design.
Life insurance can provide you with many potential benefits:
- For your family if you are not there to provide for them yourself. It can help pay tuition, mortgages, and the day to day expenses for your survivors through the use of death benefits.
- In the right circumstances premium dollars can be leveraged into larger income tax-free death benefit.
- A source of liquidity when estate taxes come due.
- An opportunity to accumulate the policy cash value on a tax-deferred basis.
- The ability to access the policy cash value through policy loans and withdrawals to supplement your retirement income without triggering taxable income. Withdrawals and loans may decrease the amount of the death benefit and cash accumulation value.
If you currently own life insurance, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my existing coverage adequate?
- Have the needs that prompted me to buy life insurance changed?
- Is my existing life insurance still meeting my needs?
- Does my existing life insurance reflect improvements in mortality in the policy charges?
- How has the policy performed relative to the initial projections and assumptions presented to me when the policy was sold?
- Are competitive and realistic interest rates being credited to my life insurance policy?
- What new life insurance products are available?
- Is your coverage trust owned? Trustees have special obligations. As a result, the trustees' need to review life insurance is magnified. Is your trustee meeting your expectations in reviewing your life insurance coverage?
When properly structured, cash value life insurance can help provide valuable financial features to the policy and to the beneficiaries after the insured's death. It can be an effective and versatile retirement planning tool.
Retirement Income Planning
Your financial life can be divided into two phases: the "accumulation" phase and the "income" phase. During your working, accumulation years, you save and invest to prepare for retirement. During retirement, you use your accumulated assets to provide income in place of your regular paycheck. For many, this income phase is marked with significant challenges; namely, making your money last throughout retirement.
Having a strong grasp of these five key risks of retirement is an important first step to managing retirement income.
- Longevity Risk
- Inflation Risk
- Asset Allocation Risk
- Sequence of Timing Risk
- Health Care Expense Risk
We can deliver additional educational resources to help strengthen your knowledge of these issues.